Monday, February 18, 2013

The old days

Feeling a bit reminiscent this morning. I had a dream last night that my friend Grant and I were going through rows of classic vehicles at a car show. I woke up with a smile on my face which morphed into missing friends, home, my old life, and more. This new life I have is completely awesome and I couldn't be happier, but some days like today I just want to call up some friends and drive a few minutes to visit them. I want to hang out with a beer or pipe in hand, talking about our lives, catching up on the mere days it had been since our last visit. Catching a concert, having breakfast, sitting around a campfire, and so many other good memories.

Sometimes I wish life would just freaking slow down and let me drink in the love and companionship of a single moment with a good friend. I have often been accused, rightly so, of being too stuck in the past. There are a lot of things, a lot of years, a lot of experiences that ring so deeply in my heart that they literally bring tears to my eyes. I want to work with my Dad in the shop behind the house where I grew up. I want to watch a thunderstorm in a cabin in Hocking Hills with my friend Mike. I want to dance like a crazy person at a Jamaican party with my soul sister Jess. I want to share a secret smile with Alli about at our hidden relationship at the bank. I want to walk through canal ruins with my long-gone friend Brad.

Why do we have to grow up? Why do we have to, "move on"? Why can't we freeze time and just live in a moment? Life is just too damn short, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Well, I'm all for keeping the past with us in bits. I'm not ashamed of that at all. And will continue keeping those memories close!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home