Sunday, February 25, 2007

Taking a break

For a month or so, I've been hearing a lot about the fact that no one's been blogging. Kim commented about it a week or so ago, Ell posted on the topic, Andrew mentions it often, my Dad just quit posting altogether...... I could go on and on. And the reasons I've heard for people not posting are just as plentiful as the people that aren't doing it.

My first reaction to people not posting is usually sadness mixed with a little bit of frustration. I love seeing people's updates and hearing what's happening in their lives. So when people don't write for a week or a month or six months, I feel like I'm really missing out. I know I've talked about this before, but recently I've had some new thoughts about the topic.

My dad hasn't posted since October or November. I asked him why and he responded with, "Why write? No ones reading it anyway!" In other words, he's just like most of us....... a comment whore. I don't mean that in a bad way. We look for them, we want them, we love them. (Most of us anyway.) We enjoy seeing that people are reading our stuff.

But besides that, I also realize that no one feels like they have anything exciting to post. I actually hear that one thing more than anything. Winter does that to people. They get bored, they get stuck in ruts, and some people actually get depressed. Older generations called it Cabin Fever. And it's not uncommon at all. (Another reason I'm not the biggest fan of winter.)

I'm not heading anywhere with my thoughts. Just some observations I guess. Please don't take any of this as mean, just some brain farts. I have a whole bunch of things I want to write about, but this was on my mind this morning. Love ya all!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm glad you aren't taking a break.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home