Thursday, May 08, 2008

A big day all around

So my day started at 5:45 am with a phone call from Ell (who's day started at 4:00 am) saying "they" were starting the live feed in a couple minutes. "They" were the morning news crew from the local NBC station. Today is the Grand Opening of the theatre attached to Ell's cafe and they were there to do five or six live segments of both the theatre and the cafe. I ran downstairs to see my friend Don (the owner) talking about how everything in the theatre had been redone from the roof to the floor. Then a few minutes later my lovely wife walked the camera crew through the cafe and showed off some of her food and desserts. It was pretty cool.

Have I mentioned that my wife has lost a bunch of weight and is as smoking as she's ever been? Well, she has, and she is. And guess what? The news anchor hit on her. I wasn't there (I was in my lazy boy watching her on TV) but my dear friend Don stood up for me in defense of my wife. He walked up to him and said, "Her husband is really big and really strong." I guess the guy was kind of embarrassed. Ell could have held her own, but I had to laugh at Don's reaction. Someone said I should have been pissed at the anchor, but what's the use in getting mad? If anything, I feel complimented I have a hot wife.

After I saw Ell on TV, I called into the work voicemail and reported off sick. (I'll explain in a minute.) I went into the Cafe around 9:00 am and stayed for the ribbon cutting at 10:00. Then I went over to my friend Chip's house and we talked about some business opportunities for an hour or so. Chip is a professional musician who plays music for kids and families. I may handle some calls for him while he's away for the summer. Nothing major, just returning calls and emails he can't get to.

After that I headed home and changed into my normal penguin suit. (Here comes the reason for the call off. Please don't tell anyone, Linda...) I had an interview up in Youngstown at another bank. It may not be the exact thing I'm looking for, and it won't be the last interview I go on, but it just might punch my ticket out of the torture I'm in now. And in case you're wondering, I think it went really well. We'll see in a week when they call me.

And on to tonight... The other two local stations, ABC and CBS, are doing live feeds from the Open House tonight at the theatre. Ell is all dolled-up, which is a rare sight to be sure, and she's out schmoozing the press, something else she doesn't like to do. Is it bad to say the first thought I had when I saw her in her business suit is how sexy she looked? (The second was something to the tune of how I couldn't wait to see that suit crumpled on our bedroom floor, but kids may be reading this so I won't say it outside of these parentheses.)

It seems the entire town is coming out to see this thing open up. A line of people has formed across the front of the cafe and further than I can see from where I'm sitting. It's crazy; there are hundreds of people here. I shouldn't be surprised though, the theatre is a landmark in this little town and it's been closed for over seventeen months. Don put a lot of money into it and people must be really anxious to see how it's turned out.

Well, I should go see if there's anything I can do to help Ell. Stop by the theatre if you live close. If not tonight, maybe this weekend. The movie showing the next three nights will be the classic, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn. Should be a good time.



Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

Hey, buddy! Hope your interviews yield some awesome results.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

good thing you two are married ;-)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home