Thursday, October 06, 2011

I need new pants

Last winter I posted some news about my weight loss. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter I took a downward spiral as I dealt with the emotional turmoil of my divorce. I gained back over twenty five of the forty pounds I'd lost, and to be honest, the full maximum of the weight I'd lost was due to having the flu. So from around Christmas until mid-summer this year, I floated around the three hundred range and once again felt gross about myself.

Skip ahead to August..... I mentally slapped my face and reminded myself I am worth more than my weight or my bad eating habits. I once again committed to good health and my future and set myself back on track. I'm happy to say that between then and now I've lost all the weight I'd lost before, and even more. To add to that already good news, I now weigh less than I have in the last ten years. And I'm not looking back.

To put numbers to this, as of Monday morning I've lost 52 pounds. Every day I have more energy and feel stronger. This is awesome and I'm so happy with my decision to be healthier.

Just wanted to share.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

That's so awesome, Sam!! And, most impressive! Very happy for you. ;-)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

That is fantastic! I know exactly how you feel. I am currently hovering at my lowest weight point in the last 10 years. I can't wait to get past that point too! Keep it up, Sam!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay sam!! proud of you :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I posted a comment and it's mia.

Just what Kimmy said! Congrats on looking good and feeling good!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

your new pants should probably be pleather.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Congrats Sam!! That is awesome! I wish you were on Facie, so I could see the updated pics of you! :) So proud of you! That is no easy feat!

Betsy

2:20 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I have lost 13 lbs! Without being allowed to excersize I consider that a success! One thing I keep asking myself before I think I want to eat something is "Do you want that more than you want to be healthy?!"

2:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is awesome Sam! Keep up the great work! :)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home