Saturday, October 01, 2011

Finger Webs

Last night I took my lady to meet some of the most important people in my life. It was a fun night of good food, laughter, and building friendships. But the thing that made the night for me was the drive home. She'd had a long day at work and as the clock turned into the next day, she took my right hand and laced the small fingers of both her hands into it and fell asleep as I drove the hour to her house. Every so often a bump or curve in the road would wake her up, and she'd re-thread her fingers into mine which made my heart smile every time. As this relationship slowly grows, it's things like that action that remind me this is worth all the effort I'm putting into it. This is a really special lady and I'm better for each hour I get to spend with her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sam, my life has been nuts lately which is a very lame excuse for not keep'n up with ya. I have to let you know there's a big smile on my face reading the last several post about your lady friend. (sorry about your cat p.s.) Excited for this new season of life for you.

Dave

6:35 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ah, the beauty of an automatic.

Of course, the left handed shift is always a turn on too. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Adrienne, my car is a 6 speed manual. LOL!!! And yes, she digs the left hand shift. :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

This is sweet! :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Can't wait to meet her!!!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home