Thursday, October 04, 2012

Redemption Journey

Saturday morning my future bride will drive me to the bottom of a mountain in Georgia and I'll step back onto the Appalachian Trail to finish the miles I missed in Georgia. I'll hike thirty plus miles in three days and mark that state off a life-list trip that was cut short. I've shared with many of you my disappointment with the mental struggle I had the week before breaking my foot, so I'm looking forward to going back and regaining some of the dignity the trail took from me.

I promise to bring back pictures and stories, and I can already feel the story growing in me that I'll write when I get back.

Until then... I encourage all of you to get outside this weekend. Even if from afar, let's enjoy God's creation together. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing your stories upon your return!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

enjoy, sam!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Hope this trip was everything you dreamed of!! We got to take in some gorgeous fall colors and tried a most incredible little pizza joint. Nice weekend!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Yeah Sam. Waiting for your story.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home