Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walking

Well, it seems like the Three Musketeers of NaBlo have fallen off their blogging commitments. Oh well, it just makes the posts that show up even more special. :)

Two weeks ago I sold my beloved VW GTI-VR6. While that in itself was shocking enough, the vehicle I was hoping to replace it with was sold about ninety minutes before I went to buy it. That left me without wheels until I could figure something out. In the meantime, I still had to get to work.

Alli and I work in complete opposite directions and as a general rule start work at different times of the morning. A few of the days during the next week, she was able to drop me off in town at a coffee shop where I sat for an hour or so and then walked from there to work. But a couple days, I set out from home and walked the whole way to the bank. Thankfully I don't live too far away from where I work, but the total trip was still about an hour and fifteen minutes. You know what? I loved it.

Being out in the open air, putting miles on my shoes, enjoying the views of the mountains all around me, it was more than I ever imagined it would be. I found so much enjoyment in those walks that week. I also found them to be wonderfully reminiscing. I thought back to my hundred plus miles on the AT. I thought back to my walks along the Canal. And I thought back to my eighth grade year of junior high where I committed to walk home from school for the entire school year. I'm quite sure I showed up at work that week with a giant smile on my face every single day. 

Last Sunday I finished off the week of walking going on a three mile hike with Alli. The weather was wonderfully accommodating the whole week, but even if it hadn't been, that time moving myself under my own power was so freeing and happy. I'll be doing this a lot more in the future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I am so disappointed in myself. I need to get over it and start anew.... i have been a bit of a wreck, but it is really quite unexcusable! So um... walking an hour to work... deoderant is just a commercial scam...tomato! ;)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Quite possibly my favorite comment evar.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this website through my cousin.
I'm no longer sure whether or not this submit is written by means of him as no one else recognise such precise about my trouble. You are amazing! Thank you!
Feel free to surf my web page farley

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to find good advice from your content.
Also visit my weblog ; transorbital

4:46 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Blogging is on my list for today! I've been a slacker.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home