Monday, June 04, 2007

It's a Monday again

I had a pretty busy business day on Friday, so I got up early this morning and came into work to catch up on some paperwork. As is usual for me after drinking a lot of water early in the morning, I headed downstairs to answer Mother Nature's call. It was then that I realized I'd put my underwear on backwards. I thought they fit a little funny when I got dressed, but I figured they were just new and hadn't had a chance to mold themselves into the proper places. Nope, they were on backwards.

The last couple weeks I've heard and read some pretty interesting facts. Obvious ones, but things you just don't think about. The first one is: if Hillary wins her party's primary, there will have been a Bush or a Clinton on the Presidential ticket every year since 1980. Twenty eight years. I think it's time for a change. The second was a bit more profound and makes you think a little.... Every civilization that has advanced itself in all of history, and every person who has advanced themselves to higher intellectual plains, has done so because of food. To be more exact, because of the fact that people have found a way to grow more food than they need. That has allowed individuals to focus their energy and time into other activities and actions besides the everyday tasks of growing and gathering.

My sister Karin updated her blog with about a thousand (a little exaggerated) new pictures of my family. If you're interested in seeing some pics of my two beautiful nieces, as well as my nephews, sisters, in-laws, and my parents, click on KARIN in my blogroll.

And if you're wondering, no I didn't switch my underwear. In the big picture, it doesn't really matter, so why bother! :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I could hardly concentrate on your informational material for trying to hurry to the end to ask if you bothered to turn them around...

Good thing you answered that for us!

That would be a great addition to: "You Know It's A Monday If"

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can now continue my day knowing the answer to the underwear problem...

1:48 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

The underwear problem – it's so typical for a Monday, no? I don't know why, but there is just something about Monday.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm just so amused;-)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home