Tuesday, July 17, 2007

At the Bank

A conversation I had on the phone yesterday.
Middle-aged woman:
"I am trying to find out about my Dad's loan. He just paid the Esquire and he needs to know how much he owes to pay off the loan."
Me:
"Do you mean escrow?"
Woman:
"No, no, no! He paid the Esquire."
Me:
"Do you mean the taxes and insurance? The escrow?"
Woman:
"No. I said he paid the Esquire, not the escrow."
Me (In all seriousness, just in case she was British):
"Who is the Esquire? Is he someone taking care of your Dad's affairs?"
Woman (Very frustrated now):
"No. He's the guy my Dad paid for his property taxes."
Me (Trying to be sensitive, but needing to do my job):
"Ma'am, if your Dad was paying his property taxes, he was paying his escrow. Escrow isn't a person, it's sort of like a companion account that goes with your mortgage to cover things like property taxes and homeowners insurance. It's called escrow, not Esquire."
Woman:
"You know what sir, I'm just going to call another branch and ask them about my Dad's Esquire and see what they say..." *********dial tone**********

Well, I hope she finds this Esquire, he sounds like a nice guy. :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Derrrr....that story made me feel really bad for people. Especially you, the lady was too out of it to be present and accounted for anyways.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I gotta get me one of those...my taxes & insurance are due.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I always carry an esquire on me.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:10 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Maybe he put the house payment toward s a subscription to the magazine..

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL.. this is funny. Hope she figures out who this Mr Esquire is who has her fathers money. :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

I'm still laughing. I'll think of this all day and have a chuckle. Ah, people. If it weren't for laughing, I'd be crying :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

That was sad but funny ...I could see me doing that...here's one that'll make you laugh..

the other night (this past weekend)I was supposed to be helping Rich "bleed the brakes." Only after 20 minutes of stepping and pumping the brake pedal....I found out I was pressing the gas pedal.

Talk about being stupid! LOL! So yeah, that lady could be me!!!:-) HA!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home