Thursday, October 25, 2007

The peak is upon is

At least in NE Ohio that is. I'm talking about the leaves. We've had a couple really cool nights this week that made the reds and oranges and yellows, and even the greens, really pop out in their brightest colors. Monday was the best day to view them. I say that because the storm we had that night through yesterday blew in with harsh winds and heavy rains that stripped at least half the trees of their leaves. The colors are a bit brighter now, but they are few and far between. But you'll still get an eyeful of splendor if you head out into the country and look out over the hills. The massive amounts of second growth trees that Ohio boasts are magnificent. But make sure you grab your camera, you'll regret it if you don't.

I love the beauty of fall; what a pretty season it is. Too bad it's so short lived.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Hey look! A weather-related post we can agree on!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

This has to be a first!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Brad B... said...

sam... i have to agree... autumn is pretty flergin sweet... it was awesome that you and i got to go down to lusk lock on that nice fall day and see all of the colors, and even photograph some of them... by the way... wanna go again?... im like dying to get down there and get some cool pictures...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I was driving this morning and I wasn't even paying attention to the roads because I was looking at the trees, they are "Flergin" amazing as Brad put it. I would love to go hiking or something this weekend if the weather is halfway decent, I love the smell of the leaves too. Ya!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Brooke mentioned something about the beautiful trees and I didn't know what on earth she was talking about because the trees here are still all green... I was talking to one of the guys that works here and he says in the city we are a full stage warmer than the rest of the area because of all the concrete and brick that holds on to heat. Maybe Pittsburgh will be more vibrant soon.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

Even shorter in Alaska. Like 5 days long it seems it was.

I was looking at week-by-week Color charts for New England and my A.T. hike will take me into the heart of the peak color season, and keep me within for days on end!

Hiking through Fall->Winter will definitely have some great advantages most hikers will never know about!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home