Monday, February 18, 2008

Encore

I'm sitting in the Encore Cafe sipping on a pleasant aroma-filled cup of tea. It's Monday morning and the last of the bank holidays for a few months, and I'm enjoying my day off. For those of you wondering, yes the Encore has finally opened. And as such if I want to see my wife I have to come here to make it happen. The cafe opened Thursday and she put in 44 hours the first three days. She added that on top of already putting in 25 hours here and going to school all week including spending 7 hours at the hospital for clinicals on Friday. I tell ya, that girl is crazy.

Today's not going to be all fun and games for me though. The Jamaican party is Saturday and with Ell in school full time and working 60+ hours a week here at the Cafe, I'm trying to shoulder an extra piece of the party-planning load. She'll still end up doing most of the work, but I'm going to do my best to make it as easy on her as I can. Don't go patting me on the back though, I haven't proven I can do it yet. ;-)

I'd also like to take this space to extend an invite to the 11th annual Jamaican Party to all within eye-sight. It starts at 6:30 on Saturday and the only thing you need to bring is yourself. (But you better come dressed up or we'll do it for you. And that hasn't looked too pretty in years past!) By the way, if you didn't get an invite, one of two things happened: Either I didn't have your address or I didn't want you to come. You decide which one fits you.

I'm off to scan my blogroll. Hope everyone has a great week.

10 Comments:

Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

You don't have my address? thats funny, I thought I gave it to you. lol. No seriously, Wish I could be there.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on the cafe! Your living a dream of mine. Have fun at the party! I totally agree on the rant in the previous post. I've got a similar one on pay day advance / title loan establishments. They are leaches off the poor.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

cant wait to eat at the cafe!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

hehee loved the food, service, and company..and talking with your lovely wife, too....

6:07 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ohh...I'm a wee jealous, I think - Encore and the party sound wonderful and amazing! Unfortunately, I guess you couldn't find my address in the book. :p

But, unless you have one of those signs up that say, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"...you can't keep me out of Encore next time I'm in that neck-of-the-woods!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

P.S. What happened to Rick & Rachel?

1:07 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I deleated Rick and Rachel more out of frustration than anything else. If you didn't comment every 10 days or so it would require you to re-register to be a commentor. Well, re-registering required return emails sent to me and that violated my work firewall. So I had to start using my personal email, which I also can't check at work and was only able to use once a week or so. I could go on, but I think you get the point. That, plus the fact that he (Rick) had some issues with what he called "outsiders" checking his blog. I guess it was meant more for his family and friends than the world. Maybe somebody should have told him the internet wasn't private.

All that said, he's a member of the Pipe Smoking forum I'm on, so I can catch up with him anytime I feel so inclined. If you were interested in following their story I can relink them if you'd like. Let me know.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have the right to refuse service to anyone and that includes you!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

Have any Stephen Marley tunes at your party? Just listened to him... some darn good stuff!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I caught Stephen Marley at Lallapalooza last summer and came home and bought his CD the next week. Good stuff. And yes, we did play his CD at the party. Along with Bob and Jimmy and Peter and more others I can't remember.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home