Saturday, November 05, 2011

Asuka

Tonight I had my first local hibachi experience. Many years ago I went to a Japanese restaurant in Columbus that ended up being a $700 night; thankfully paid for by the Dad of one of my friends. After that amazing meal, it's been hard to imagine anything more amazing than that meal. But tonight, with the urging of my Lady, I broke that fast.

It wasn't anything like that meal almost a decade ago, but it was still fun. The cook did some flipping of broccoli into our mouths, he shot Sake into my Lady's mouth, and he lit the grill on fire in the shape of a heart. It was a good time and the food was good too.

At the end of the meal, I was surprised by a visit from my friend Kate who had seen my car outside. And now I'm sitting on my couch watching college football while my Lady is doing her nails next to me. A great night all around.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Wait, did you say $700???

12:47 AM  
Blogger Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

I love ASUKA!! Eel rolls rock!

Bets

4:52 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Kimmy, yes, I said $700. It was such an authentic restaurant you had to speak Japanese to order. Thankfully, one of our friend's Dad had lived there for awhile and he ordered everything for us. Granted, there were ten people there so the tab was high. But as I stated in my post, having such an amazing, authentic meal, kind of ruined me for sushi for a long time. I'm going back to Asuka for sushi on Tuesday, so they're on the testing block.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

I love ASUKA! If you go at lunch time (even on Saturday) the prices are WAY better!

3 roll lunch special!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home