Monday, November 07, 2011

The vacation has begun

In the world of banking, it's a requirement for all non-exempt employees to take a full five days in a row as paid time off. So far this year I hadn't done that. With Veterans Day coming up on Friday, I figured it was a good time to take those five days while only having to use four vacation days.

I started the first day of my vacation texting my Lady a, "Good Morning" message, lounged around until 11:00am, posted on CPS, drank an entire pot of good coffee, and smoked my pipe. Then I worked outside in the gorgeous Fall weather cleaning up the yard for a couple hours. After that I visited the grocery store to gather supplies for the dinner I was planning for my Lady. I returned home, shaved, showered, and started dinner. My Lady ended up making dinner (which was probably for the best) and we enjoyed some wine as we ate. And now she's curled up in a blanket and snuggled against me as I write this. All-in-all, it's been a great start to vacation week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

fart noise

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home