Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Moderation

I've always had an aversion to adding moderation to blogging. In my humble (and worthless) opinion, if you're going to post on a public forum then you deserve to have anyone comment. If you don't like what someone has to say, no matter how mean or argumentative it may be, then you shouldn't have a public blog. Again, just my opinion.

The one exception is spambots. It's the ugliest side of blogging and the Internet overall. And now that I think about it, I guess that's not an exception since they aren't real people.

That said, lately the spam has been hitting ELEVEN pretty hard, to the tune of fifty to sixty spam comments a day. So much to my shagrin, I've had to add word-verification to comments. Sorry folks, I'm just tired of deleting insane amount of spam bs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Wow, Sam that is a lot. Is there a key word they are focusing on? I get one a week, maybe. Didn't know you could do that, probably cuz I didn't need to.

Love you, can't wait to visit.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, so what you're saying is that all those people commenting on my blog are not trying to sell me overstocked designer purses?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

coach outlet ugg boots prflurp

12:13 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

coach outlet ugg boots prflurp

12:14 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm not a fan of spam, but comment moderation is a huge pet peeve of mine. As in, reading a person's comments to decide whether you agree with it enough to post it. I've been rejected before in that regard. Stupid. That being said, on with the word verification!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home