Monday, June 18, 2007

At the Bank

I'm thinking about starting a new feature called At the Bank. Crazy stories I hear, things I see, wrong words people use. Remember Dick Ballser? Or the guy who used the same PIN number for everything and had it written on the inside of his hat? There's so much funny stuff I bet I could make it a weekly thing. I probably won't since most may not actually be funny to anyone else but bank geeks. Oh well, here's a couple anyway.

A month or so back an old man came in to find out how much his car was worth. I asked him how many miles it had and he responded, "160,000 miles. But those are QUALITY miles." (As opposed to what? Really crappy miles?) I asked him if he meant city vs. highway miles, and he said, "No. They're just QUALITY miles." He was pretty sincere, so I just smiled and nodded.

This morning a lady called to complain about a fee on her account. She said she had a notice that read, "Insignificant Funds." I guess if you have Non-Sufficient funds in your account they could be insignificant, but I doubt the bank would send you a letter saying that! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

How many times a day does someone come and say, "I just don't understand what is going on. I checked on Thursday and they told me I have $225.00, so I went to Wal-mart and I spent $100.00 and now! I'm overdrawn. How can that be??"

"Umm...the teller isn't a mindreader and didn't know you sent a check for your electric bill on Wednesday that hadn't gone through yet?"

That always boggled my mind. Along with, "bring in your register, we'll go over it, and I'll try to help you figure how where the discrepency is." (You know, the discrepency where the bank is siphoning money from people's accounts again.) "My register? Oh, I just keep track of all of it in my head."

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

That's funny...Although I honestly HATE registering stuff, HONESTLY It makes me depressed, and not that we can't pay for what we get, I just don't like it. Not one bit. I depend TOO much on the automated teller that you call with the 1-800 number LOL!!! Anyways, my good friend, katie, worked at Charter One in Boardman for about 5 or so years, and I heard many stories from her too. I bet I've been a "story" for someone too, or a "roll my eyes at the customer" moment HA! THat kind of thing Doesn't bother me, but money stuff freaks me out, it must be how I grew up, and I just would rather not buy and deal with things, but I guess that's impossible. If ONE thing looks out of please, or "hears" out of place on the phone I am in such a panic, you wouldn't believe. I wish I could just RELAX! Sorry for the rabbit trail everyone!

7:10 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Those stories are great. Keep the "At the Bank" stories coming. They are funny to us non-bank geeks.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home