Sunday, October 28, 2007

Shoutout

I have some thoughts on the wildfires, but I can't seem to get them all in a straight line. So that post will have to wait for another day.

Today I'd like to call on some old friends I haven't heard from in a while and make some recommendations for all of you.

There are a lot of people on my blogroll that haven't posted in a while. One route I could take with this would be to poke fun at you and call you names. But I think I'll leave that to Kimmy. She's better at it than I am. So the other route would be to just make an honest plea for your return. Or maybe a third way to go would be to blend the two. Let's try that.

I always want to start with Rob. Rob is the reason I found blogging and the guy who encouraged me to do my own. I miss ya man. I know you have a busy life with work and church and the band and .................. wait, no I don't. 'Cause you haven't posted about it in a while. Just some thoughts man. That's all we're asking. You've said you feel you don't have anything to blog about, then just tell us how those things are going. If you're gonna have a blog, you might as well bore us with some thoughts. Throw out a controversial post or something, I know your brain has more of those in it than mine does. Please?

Bethy. Yes; you need to blog. There is no question.

Kyle. I've told you this before, I see an amazing future for you. Don't you dare stop blogging or the world would miss out on the amazing things God is doing in your life. I know you just posted, but I need more than once a month. And so does the world. Give it to us. We can take it.

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. You keep teasing us with these great ideas and promises to write. And then nothing. Give us those music posts. Or anything else on your mind. We need your insight and knowledge. Heavy Metal needs you. The world needs you. Post................ Soon.

Kim. How's the new position? What are your day-to-day responsibilities? How's the new church? What do you have planned for next year's garden? How's the new dog? Do you miss the firework's job? Have you done any new work on your residence? (All great ideas for posts. Just some suggestions. Write soon, please.)

Steve. Now here's an interesting fellow. A man with ideas and passions beyond any of our own. And yet he remains silent. So silent in fact, he hasn't even been reading here in a while. Can you imagine, someone not reading eleven on a regular basis? I know, crazy. I'm probably going to have to tell him I even wrote about him just to get him to check it out. Anyway, come back to us Steve. Stretch our minds. Make us question our realities.

Andrew. Where's the pics? I know you have some. Show us. Amaze us. You're losing your viewership on the photoblog. No one wants to see that. 'Specially not me.

Lyndsay. The master of the run-on sentence. Make us run out of air trying to finish your thoughts in one breath. Tell us about Minneapolis. Tell us about those stupid old ladies who piss you off. Make us laugh. And do it more often. You're another one who makes us sit back and say, "Hmmmmm."

Evan. We know you're coming home soon. We can't wait to see you. We know you went through some crap recently. We'd love to give you a hug. Write some stuff about your feelings to hold us over until we can do both. Love ya man.

Dave, Zack. You guys still out there? Hello? Hope they come back.

Now for some recommendations. (Most of them about pictures.)
Faye, as always, has some amazing pictures on her site. She is going through some serious health issues and could use our prayers if you are of that nature.
Amy and Bethy are really starting to develop as photographers of people and are worth checking out if you need a good person for that sort of thing.
Brad has posted some pretty cool shots in the past few weeks. Specifically check out his Parthenon pics on his photoblog. They are a definite WOW!
Karin and Kristen (my younger sisters) always have a nice splattering of shots of my nephews and nieces. I wish I could see those kids more often and they indulge me by sharing their pictures. So here's the proud uncle telling you to check them out.

That's all for now. I'm off to save the world.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sam, its good to know you are out saving the world :)

Thank you for the kind words on my blog and for your prayers and for the mention on your blog.

I know I don't get here as often as I should. I'll add you to my links so I remember to check in more often.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home