Monday, November 12, 2007

Dwight's Farm

So my short story has turned into a really long story. I had the whole thing mapped out in my head when I sat down to write but only got about 1/100th of my idea onto paper and it was already four typed pages. Uh oh. I decided to try to map out an outline (advice from Elizabeth a few months ago) so I could keep all my ducks in a row. Friday I did that and it seemed like I could make some progress without it getting too long. Then I started writing and added another four or so pages but only got through half a point of my outline. Double uh oh. This thing might turn into an actual book. I'm pretty excited about the story so I'm not upset it's turned into something much larger than I anticipated. I just hope I can keep the energy alive inside of me. I'm a banker not a writer.

By the way, the working title is Dwight's Farm. In honor of my Dad. While he's never been a farmer, it seemed a nice tribute to use his name.

Well, I'm only here at work for a few hours today so I should go and actually try to get something done. Tomorrow I think I'm going to post a poem thing I wrote a few months back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zoooma said...

Didn't you post once about possibly one day being a carpenter but it never panned out?

Perhaps underneath it all, you're not meant to be a banker forever. There's no law of the land that says we need to adhere to one profession until the day we retire. Maybe God's got something else in mind for you. Maybe that's writing.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

I missed this post, but hey -- seriously, put all your thoughts down. You'll pare and edit your way into book form later, but once you get the events and ideas and some phrasing down, you'll actually have the tools you'll need to work with.

Ya know. Like a carpenter.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home