Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Some have returned, others are gone

Since the time change over the weekend, the sun is going down earlier on the clock. What that means for me is that I'm starting to see more deer on the way home from work. Monday I saw 1 deer, Tuesday I saw 3, and yesterday I saw 18! Of those 18, they were in four different places, and two of them had big enough antlers to see them from a distance of at least a quarter mile away. I bet they were monsters up close. The whole way home I had this silly grin on my face. I truly believe God gives us nature for our pure enjoyment. We don't do a good job taking care of it sometimes, but what we have left sure is fun to experience.

On to a different topic. Sunday I went to dinner with Ell and Brad at a place called Main Street Diner in Columbiana, Ohio. We decided to go there because a Rite-Aid drug store will be moving into the same location next year. It's all in the name of development, but still sad to see an old place go away. The construction is to begin next Spring, so the restaurant was supposed to be open through the new year. This morning I read in the paper that they were forced to close last night. Turns out the lease was pulled early by the parent company of the Diner and they had to out by 7 pm. According to one of the employees they had little warning. While it sucks for all those people, I sure am glad we decided to eat there Sunday. If only we'd known. Weird, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'll miss their good ranch dressing and the cheap meal of clams and fries.....

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

i miss that diner. its places like the diner that make columbiana what it is columbiana just lost a little piece of history... poopie pants man.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

WOw. That's sad...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

WOw. That's sad...

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home