Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What a mess

This writing everyday thing is gonna get tricky in a week or so. I sat down today to start this post and my mind went completely blank. What am I going to write about? Those of you that know me well, know that me having moments of nothing to say lasts only a few seconds. Sure enough, after a minute I remembered what I wanted to write about. But it got me wondering about the rest of you taking on the NaBloPoMo challenge. Some of you say you have nothing to write about in a normal month, how in the world are you gonna find stuff to write for thirty straight days? All I can say is, "Good luck."

So last night I went upstairs in our house to find some important paperwork I needed to take to work. I thought I knew where it was but I couldn't find it. One thing I did find was that I've been pretty lax in my organization. I have a strange cycle when it comes to cleaning and organization. First of all I'm a crazy freak about the fact that everything has a place and it should be in its place. (Thanks Mom.) But I tend to let piles build up of different things to be filed or put away. One pile for bills, one pile for magazines, one pile for Appalachian Trail stuff; you get the picture. Once those piles get to an annoying (to me) large size I put them all away where they should go. So I'm organized, even if I'm messy. This last part drives Ell nuts, but she knows my piles make sense to me and eventually they'll be put away.

Last night I realized it's been much too long since I organized my piles. And in waiting so long everything has gone into a disarrayed mess. I couldn't have been more pissed off when I realized it. By letting my otherwise organized piles get cris-crossed and out of control, I lost all sense of organization. So today I'm in a crazy cleaning mood. I've done more cleaning and filing in my office in one day than I've done in six months. And my brain is going silly thinking about all the stuff I need to do when I get home. To make it worse our guys Bible study is meeting at my house tonight so I won't even get to work as much as I want. There's a good possibility I might go mad before the cleaning can get done. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can't write anymore, I'm off to do more filing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

That puts a wrench in my image of you - I have to do some tweaking now.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hate your piles! You know what I mean!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Keep it clean

10:09 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

A few months ago I stumbled on a book called "getting things done, the art of stress free productivity" It's pretty much equal parts philosophy and practice. It's helped this cronic piler alot!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

yeah my room is pissing me off right now too. its a mess.

12:34 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

I keep myself organized by automatically throwing everything away. Sometimes I throw away stuff I need (like my mortgage payment), but for the most part, it works :)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home