Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dad

As many of you know, my father has been struggling with his health for some time. I shared back in August about his worsening condition and many of you sent prayers and good thoughts to him. That downhill slump came to a head the past couple weeks in a roller coaster of tests, results, and emotions. In the fog created by the over-prescribed medication, my Dad was just getting worse and worse. Finally he quit taking some of his medications and gradually returned to the Dad I knew. Of course this pissed off some of his doctors, but the result of his decision was obvious and spoke for itself.

Just as my Dad started to feel a little more normal and healthy, a new (or maybe pill-masked) problem showed up. The result was my Dad being admitted into the hospital yesterday and is supposed to be there for the week. My Mom has more details on her blog, here.

A bit selfishly, I'm saddened once again that I'm so physically far away from my Dad. I wish I could be with him every day, and pissed off there are people who think I don't care. If I could I'd be by his side every day, whether he was healthy or sick. He's a good man, and I miss him.

Once again, prayers and good vibes solicited if you care to send them. Thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

Sam, I can't believe someone would think you don't care.

YOU are a good man. And we all miss you.

I think Dad misses you, too. A lot.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Dazet said...

Sam,
You are one of the most caring people I know. Thank you for praying for me. I will continue to pray for your dad and your family.

Peace,
Paul

6:35 PM  
Blogger Paul Dazet said...

Sam,
You are one of the most caring people I know. Thank you for praying for me. I will continue to pray for your dad and your family.

Peace,
Paul

6:35 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

My heart goes out to you. Once upon a time, I didn't realize that our parents are our heroes no matter what age we are and no matter what their lives deal them. Watching a hero struggle is incredibily painful.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

Sam, if people don't think you care, they didn't read your blog back in August. I'm glad I did, because I saw a little more of your heart.....incredibly BIG and tender towards your Dad. My prayers are with you all!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

I am sure your Dad knows that you are always with him, even if you can't physically be there.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

My heart breaks for you, Sam. If anyone actually thinks you don't care, they are idiots. What matters is that you know and your dad knows how much you love him. And trust me, your dad knows.

I will be praying.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sam, I will include your dad and you in my prayers.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home