Friday, November 07, 2008

Day seven

You know what they say about hills and valleys; how one always follows the other? Well I feel like I'm on a hill and I guess I should start preparing for the valley.

I'm not referring to anything emotional or deeply spiritual, mostly just the weather and gas prices. This morning it was reported on the local news that my humble little town has the lowest gas prices in the Youngstown, Ohio viewing area. Yes, even less than the watered-down stuff at Wally World. That's pretty good news for me and the 500+ miles I put on my car every week.

And what about this weather? Pretty awesome, huh? Even for all you warm-season-haters, you gotta admit these last few days in NE Ohio have been pretty nice. I bet more than a few of you have even taken a walk outside to enjoy the fall colors and mild temperature. Not something you could have enjoyed if the outside was in sub-zero status.

But, I think all these good feelings are the top of the hill. I fear as the holidays approach, the gas prices will rise and the temps will fall. Oh the valley of despair. I joke of course, I have no impending depression or sadness within me. Just quite aware all my good feelings will soon be lost in the fog of the lowlands. Oh well, a hill awaits me on the other side.

I may come back in awhile with a funny. Stay tuned...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Sweltering.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

speaking of gas what is it up there? Just saw 2.09 on the way home. A buddy has promised to throw a party if it hits below 2$

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

When I posted this, Dave, the price was $1.82. It's averaged out for the last week at $1.89 in most towns. Funny thing is, one town close to us seems to be fighting it and their gas is still around $2.20. Crazy.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home