Monday, July 11, 2011

Some awesome news for my writing future

For anyone following my writing stories, here's an update:


  • I ran a limited run of "First Editions" of my book and sold almost forty copies. I used it to pay for an actual editor to edit the book.


  • After getting it back, I spent a week reworking the manuscript and correcting all the things I swore I'd already fixed.


  • After that, I formatted the edit onto an electronic copy and sent it to the publisher.


  • I bought a copy and verified all the changes were entered, and then shared with the guys on CPS.


  • Then the following happened:
I received an email that my first book, Dwight's Farm, has been added to such eBook sites as Ibook, Itunes, and others. I signed up for the usual agreements to royalties, etc. and now I have to sit out the waiting period for it to be formatted which should take a couple weeks. I'm so dang excited about this. This means I may actually start to make some change for all my hard work.

When this becomes public, I'll put the link here. I've never had more than a passing thought I could make money from my writing, but things are starting to look that way. Pretty awesome news.

In the time being, the publishing company I'm using is running a sale through July 15th. 20% off any order. If you're interested, the link is here... http://www.lulu.com/?cid=071111_en_email_BIG305

Get it while it's hot.

9 Comments:

Blogger Swedish Mama said...

That's Awesome!!! So Proud!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Cool Beans!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Timothy Starship said...

dude that is incredible! congrats my friend!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Cyn! said...

That is Awesome!!!!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

That's fantastic!!! Very exciting! I'm proud of you Bro!

Love You!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Very Sweet! Good news my friend...

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Awesome. Can't wait to see what's next! I'm writing a book but it's hard to get the time in. I'm ten chapters in. Lol.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh Sam, that's awesome! I'm so excited for you!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Sam just seeing this .... How amazing . Congratulations to you sir ! Great - sorry I've been away emotionally for a month - back now - :) hey I have news to share , when you're able check into the shop to say hi , I'll let you know what's up !
- j

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home