Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Oatmeal Scotchies

I'm not sure how many of you know it, but I was married to a professional cook. An actual, professional baker. Now that Ell's gone, my house has been void of anything that resembles real cooking, baking, etc., for a long time. So when x-mas rolled around (yeah, I said x-mas, deal with it), I got a hankering for some of my favorite cookies and decided to try my hand at making them myself. Unfortunately, a horrible stomach virus rolled through my circle of friends leaving them unwanting of making, let alone eating, cookies. Skip ahead to this evening... and I decided to make those cookies.

So I pre-heated the oven, filled the counter with ingredients, found a couple mixing bowls and an old mixer, packed a pipe with appropriately named tobacco called, "Christmas Cookie", turned on a Manchester Orchestra CD, and brewed a pot of coffee in case the project went longer than expected.

Well, despite the absence of a professional baker (even though I'd rather have her here doing the baking), the cookies turned out awesome. Here's some pics of the process:






So, who want's to come over and share in the goodness of Sam's Oatmeal Scotchies?

13 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Looks delicious! Too bad it is a really long drive...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I love the way you set the baking mood. Very nice touch.

I, of course wouldn't touch oatmeal, but they look fabulous, in theory! ;-)

10:14 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

You are awesome... Will there be any left or possibly a second batch anytime soon?

10:30 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

If you get here soon, there may be some left. :-)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Would love some, and coffee to go with it.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how late are you up tonight...i'm only 15 mins. away

ps this is steve...had to go anonymous as I couldn't remember my "Drifter" password

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no response...I'll assume you went to bed and get over my cookie covet.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm still awake. C'mon over.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Going to bed now. Tomorrow morning maybe.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

good work, Sam

9:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I make a pretty mean oatmeal scotchie...but I gotta say those have some great curb appeal!

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such torment as now I want some! And I'm sure they're all gone by now. :P

They look awesome Sam!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

sam, you done good! :-)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home