Monday, November 14, 2011

Dinner on the table

Monday's are the longest day in the banking world. I usually start by pulling into the parking lot between 7:15-7:30 and usually don't leave until 6:15-6:30. Today was the excess of those times and the end of the day was exceptionally rough due to some very poor customer service by my manager which ended up possibly costing me an investment sale. To say I was uber ready to go home would be the understatment of the year.

Right before I left, I noticed an email from my Lady stating she was going to be making me dinner. I'm not sure I stopped having an emotional overload the entire drive home. And then I pulled into my driveway and saw the lights in my house on, and caught a glimpse of my Lady bustling around the kitchen, and the emotions bubbled to the surface.

If you know me well, you know I am the not the type of guy who expects his woman to have dinner ready or even sees a woman's place as in the kitchen or doing laundry or any of the other chauvenistic things people say about woman. In fact, the entire time Ell and I were married we worked different shifts and her having dinner prepared for me when I got home was a rare thing. But as I pulled into the driveway and then walked into my house to the smell of good cooking, my heart smiled bigger than it may have ever smiled.

I wrapped my arms around my Lady and felt her breath against my chest, and sighed a giant sigh of happiness. At that very moment, I felt an intense wave of love for this woman in a way that was new to me in so many ways. What I've done to deserve such an gracious act of service is beyond me, but for the first time in my life I knew it was something I had been craving and needing. Here was a person, herself having worked a long day of work, willing to sacrifice her evening for the pleasure and satisfaction of her man. I don't know what the future holds for the two of us, but tonight I saw a vision of us being happy many years in the future.

To be completely honest, the thought of her making me dinner felt like I was putting her out and expecting something I didn't deserve to expect. But her willingness to please me by cooking dinner for me made those uneasy feelings float away on the smells of her cooking. I love this woman, and I hope I can do enough to make her equally happy with me as I am with her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Unless your Lady is mighty confident, I'm going to go with not ghost. :)

Pretty post.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love this post. i have tears. (and im pretty sure i'd be tearing up even if i wasnt 9 months pregnant ;)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

If you are looking for a reason we deserve love I would just stop now

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

very very sweet....wish I could meet this Lady that has got you in the clouds.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home