Sunday, March 17, 2013

Friends, Wearing O' the Green, and pics

I'm sitting here in my living room watching one of my favorite shows, CBS Sunday Morning. There was just an article about friends and friendship which got me thinking about the topic of friends that came up a couple months ago. I still don't know how to answer the request to write a, "general" post about friendship but I can tell you it's been on my mind very often. The article touched on the differences and similarities in strong friendships amongst women and amongst men, as well as the health benefits to having good friends in your life - even daily.

Alli and I are currently experiencing a brand new couple friendship with two people named Andrew & Megan. They are as genuinely happy to have us in their lives as we are to have them in ours', and there is this strange swelling of life that is breathed through that burgeoning relationship. It's hard to explain, and from a guy who over-over-over-analyzes everything around him, this feels so great I'm actually able to find myself just enjoying it in the moment. Sure, I spent hours dissecting it before it started and after our first, "date" and leading up to our second, "date', but that dissecting has given way to just enjoying it. Kind of a big deal for me. 

This afternoon, the four of us (and their two dogs, Sasquatch and Yeti) are going hiking. While we're out hiking, Megan is going to take some pictures of us to include on our wedding website. I still haven't rebuilt my wardrobe after getting rid of all my stuff last year, so it's been a joke what I'm going to wear, my old nasty worn-out jeans or my good jeans? Problem is they are one in the same. I still only own one pair. LOL!!! 

Finally I want to wish all of you a Happy St. Patrick's Day! By the power vested in me and my bloodline, I now pronounce every one of you Irish for the day. May God richly bless you and your family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Adam has more than one pair of jeans -- but I just informed him the other day that his old, worn out jeans and his good jeans had merged into one!

We should get a proper lifestyle/weight update!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Awesome on the new-found friendship! And, what a treasure it is to be able to enjoy it in the moment! I often find myself over-analyzing as well, so I know where you are coming from!

Hope you had an excellent St. Patrick's Day, my Irish brother!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home