Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The season of invitations

Last year was a rough year for me, but the thing that made it somewhat managable was the outpouring of compassion from my friends. Being alone on my first major holiday had the potential to be a sad time, but at last count, I received nine invitations to join other families as they came together for Thanksgiving dinner. It felt wonderful to have so many people care about me being alone. This year already I have five invitations. While having my Lady in my life is the number one thing I'll be thankful for this Thanksgiving week, a close second is knowing I have an amazing network of friends in my corner. I feel like this may be a lame post for its shortness, but that's all I'm really thinking about right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I love this post. Having an amazing network of friends is a overwhelming blessing. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home