Monday, July 30, 2007

A milestone

Alright. I have a tendency to think some pretty silly things are really big deals. In that last meme I told you about my calendar thing. I wasn't kidding. I find changing the calendar to a new month and new picture one of my greatest joys in life. So much so that we always have at least three or four calendars in our house every year, and I have two or three in my office. So you see what I'm talking about?

So, now that you have a peak into the insanity of my brain, let me tell you about another thing I find very important. Odometers. I think it's so cool to watch a car turn over 100,000 miles. I've had the pleasure of watching three of my cars do it; including my present Volkswagen. And I have pictures of all of them reading all those zeros. Way cool.

I decided to have a little fun with this car. The odometer and trip meter are digital, and the trip meter goes to 2000 before it resets. So when the odometer turned 110,000, I set the trip meter to zero at the same time. To the tenth of a mile no less. Over the weekend, the odometer turned 111,111 miles and the trip meter read 1111.1 at the same time. Totally awesome. I took pictures. My own little mini milestone.

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I just love 11's myself. If I happen to catch the clock at 11:11 I guess this comforting thought that, "things'll be okay."

11:24 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Um..................no, I'm not gonna say it.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Okay, creepy. I thought I was the only one comforted by 11's.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I thought it was just me too, Kimmy, but as I started realizing it wasn't just me...I tried to act like I knew it was cool all along. :p

But, as I was reading your comment I had a thought. Rare occasion.

I could picture these crazy people, driving down the road and suddenly, no warning, stopping, taking out the camera and taking pictures. I just hope they weren't in a high-traffic area!

Or maybe, they had signs..."Okay, Laura, get out the 2/10ths to go sign now" The cars behind them confused and curious..."2/10ths to what?" "Oh, 1/10th now!" Brake lights and a screeching halt ensue...

1:30 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

I'll have to remember that you enjoy that sam, i'll invite you to watch my odometer turn over with me, it will be a few months, like 8 or 9, but all the same your invited.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

that's cool, Sam!!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You are a crazy nut, I must say! I can't believe that we have photo albums of odometer readings in our house. How about a picture of a really cool view that you tell me about all the time on the way home from work or whatever? Like those 11 deer that you see everyday on the way home from work? Yeah!

9:09 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

This will be no surprise to Kimmy, but I, too, love 11. Love it. I think I'll be a copycat and do the same thing with my odometer and trip meter. I'll have a long time to wait, though seeing as I'm just under 34,000 miles.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home