In case no one's noticed, I finally added my friend Elizabeth's blog to my blogroll. Whatever was blocking my computer (at the old office) from viewing her site is no longer an issue. So now I can just go to her site without tracking it down and getting "POLICY VIOLATION" emails from work. Horray for life.In honor of her presence, I'm copying a TV post she shared and answering her questions. Here goes...-----------------------------------------------Empire Magazine has revealed its list of the “50 Greatest TV Shows” ever. Below is the list and here be the rules.1. Bold the shows of which you’ve watched every episode2. Italicize the shows of which you’ve seen at least one episode2a. Star * the shows you consider “the best” 3. Post your answers
50.Quantum Leap49. Prison Break48. Veronica Mars 47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine46. Sex & The City
45. Farscape44. Cracker #43. Star Trek *42. Only Fools and Horses #41. Band of Brothers *
40. Life on Mars #39. Monty Python’s Flying Circus38. Curb Your Enthusiasm37. Star Trek: The Next Generation * (My Dad is a huge Trekkie, so I saw both a lot.)36. Father Ted #
35. Alias (Really didn't this show. My friend thought she was hot so I had to watch it. But I did it under protest.)34. Frasier 33. CSI: Las Vegas32. Babylon 531. Deadwood
30. Dexter * (But I need to immerse myself in Bible reading and prayer after every episode! Incredible show, though.)(That was Eliza's comment, but I totally agree.)29. ER28. Fawlty Towers #27. Six Feet Under26. Red Dwarf #
25. Futurama24. Twin Peaks23. The Office UK (I'm not going to star it as one of the best, but it's pretty darn funny.)22. The Shield21. Angel
20. Blackadder #19. Scrubs * (This show sometimes annoys me, but it's one of the best written/acted comedies ever.)18. Arrested Development17. South Park *16. Doctor Who #
15. Heroes 14. Firefly (* When it ran the first time. The second go around was less than par.)13. Battlestar Galactica (Man did I hate this show. It was so played out and forced. I guess I was spoiled by Stargate being an AMAZING sci-fi show. I don't know, I just know this one sucked.)12. Family Guy *11. Seinfeld *
10. Spaced #09. The X-Files *08. The Wire #07. Friends ***06. 24
05. Lost (Actually I've only watched the "summary" show earlier this year, but that kinda covered everything up to this season. So I cheat italicized, sue me.)04. The West Wing03. The Sopranos02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer01. The Simpsons *
I feel the need to compose my list of Best TV Evah. In no particular order, and it’s late…I know I’m missing some stuff…what am I missing?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Office (US)
---------------------------------------------------In case you're wondering, I added my own qualifier, the # symbol. Those are shows I've never even heard of. I thought that in a list of so-called "best" shows, they should probably be known by at least a majority of people. (Indie people must be screaming at me right now.) So that's why I added it.And in continuing Elizabeth's idea, here's my list of faves in no particular order. I'm sure I'll miss a few, but here's my attempt...-Stargate SG1
-Home Improvement-Friends-Simpsons-Cosby Show and Coach (To throw in a few oldie but goodies.)-Recess (I know it's a kid's cartoon, but I loved that show. I even bought the movie.)-Smallville-Star Trek-Pushing Daisies (Not sure if it got cancelled or what, but that show was where I think TV should be going.)-Dawson's CreekSo there it is. Welcome to ELEVEN Elizabeth, and thanks for the post idea.