- Saw and walked under a nesting tree for Blue Herons. If you've ever seen one of these magnificent birds either by water or in flight, you know how large and amazing they are. Imagine over thirty five all sitting on individual nests way up in this white-barked tree. It was a sight to behold.
- Hiked to and documented two more locks I'd never seen before.
- Saw some of the most intact prism (canal channel) anywhere on the Eastern division of the Sandy & Beaver Canal.
- Hiked to three of the locks that I visit often with Ell and Brad. I ended up being the leading expert in the group despite the fact the people I was with usually know so much more than I do. They had never been to any of those locks so they were eager to hear about my trips.
- Ended up hiking for five and half hours and almost eight miles. I was sore and worn out when I got home but it felt so good.
Saturday night we had our dearest friends over and did a little grilling, drinking, laughing, talking, napping... and a whole bunch more. I got up at 5:15 Sunday morning to go to a concert with my friend and realized the whole family was still in our house, asleep on our couches. I took a shower and my friend Mike got up and we enjoyed a cup of Starbucks at the kitchen table at 6am. Nothing like it.
I spent Sunday morning and afternoon traveling and then Sunday night working in the garden. It was a really busy weekend, but a good weekend. I hope for many more like it.